Children may enter kindergarten this fall if they will be five years of age on or before August 1. Act 570 of 1999 changed the kindergarten eligibility requirements. Returning students for grades one through twelve who were enrolled last year in a North Little Rock school are not required to register again for the new school year unless they have moved to a new attendance area.
- Some students living in the Little Rock School District or Pulaski County School District attendance zones are eligible to attend the North Little Rock School District through School Choice or M-to-M transfer provisions.
- If you live in the Little Rock School District or Pulaski County School District attendance zone call
(501)771-8049 or (501) 771-8050 to see if your child is eligible to attend the North Little Rock School District through School Choice or M-to-M transfer.
- A parent or legal guardian must provide proof of address, such as a copy of a current utility bill in the parent’s name, to complete the registration.
- All kindergarten students must be five years of age on or before August 1, in order to enroll.
- Parents of students who live in the NLRSD attendance zones may enroll their child at a local elementary school.
- Non-black students living in Pulaski County Special District attendance zones are eligible to attend the NLRSD through a School Choice or Majority-To-Minority transfer. Under the Majority-To-Minority transfer program, Pulaski County Special School District residents must go through the Pulaski County Special School District (PCSSD) home office on Dixon Road in Little Rock. Under School Choice, PCSSD residence must go through the NLRSD at 2700 Poplar Street, NLR.
Black students living in the Little Rock School District attendance zones are eligible to attend the NLRSD through School Choice. Parents of students living outside of the NLRSD must apply to attend the NLRSD beginning January 30, at the NLRSD Administration Building located at 2700 N. Poplar St. This year, the deadline to make application for a School Choice transfer is July 1, 2014.
To register, parents should bring the following documents:
Proof of resident
Social Security Card